The ColdPICK M6 is a large postharvest pre-cooler designed to be on-site and accessible to multiple picking crews. Capable of rapidly pre-cooling up to six pallets of fresh produce continuously, a single ColdPICK M6 can process up to 6,000 lbs/hour. Though mobile, ColdPICK M6 are ideally kept stationary during a region’s picking season as their size necessitates relocation by a team of movers. M6 units can be cross-docked to additional units to increase capacity.
How It Works
- Produce is picked by the picking crew, then packaged and palletized.
- The pallets are manually loaded to the ColdPICK M6’s automated loading dock.
- Pallets are moved through the tunnel by conveyor so that picking crews can continuously load new pallets when ready.
- At the end of the M6, chilled pallets are conveyed to the discharge area and transferred to refrigerated trucks for direct shipment to the customer or distribution center.
Best Suited For
- Operations with a flow capacity of 6,000 lbs/hour or more
- Operations that relocate sparingly between harvest seasons
- Distribution centers seeking to expand their cold chain capacity
- Automated pallet handling system
- ColdPICK Air Circulation System
- Adaptive Refrigeration System
|Length||50 feet (15 meters)|
|Width||9 feet (2.8 meters)|
|Height (off trailer)||20 feet (6 meters)|
|Chilling Capacity@32°F||6,000 lbs/hour (2,722 kgs/hour)|
|Load Capacity||10,000 lbs/hour (4,536 kgs/hour)|
|Air Temperature||30°F (-1°C)|
|No. of Fans||12-15|
|Voltage||460-480 VAC 60 Hz, 3 phase|
|Genset Power||350 kW|
|Evaporator||60TR, 28°F (-2.22°C)|