The ColdPICK M1 is a highly mobile postharvest pre-cooler designed for placement in field next to a picking crew. A standard 20-person picking crew typically picks one stack every 10-15 minutes. The speed and efficiency of the ColdPICK M1 enables stacks to be continuously loaded and moved through the system as they are picked. The ColdPICK M1 processes 1,000 lbs/hour (roughly one pallet). Multiple ColdPICK M1s can be cross-docked to accommodate larger harvest operations so that several picking crews can work alongside each other.
How It Works
- Produce is picked and packaged by the picking crew and loaded into flats or lugs.
- The stacks of flats or lugs are manually placed on the loading conveyor.
- The stacks are pushed into the chilling chamber for pre-cooling, making way for the next stacks to be loaded.
- Chilled stacks are discharged as new stacks are introduced to the chilling chamber.
- The stacks are transferred to a reefer truck where they are assembled onto a pallet.
- Once full, the refrigerated truck ships produce to the customer or distribution center.
Best Suited For
- Fields using scheduled route system pick-ups
- Operations that regularly change harvest locations during or between seasons, whether on-site (at large farms) or between sites (ex: from California in the summer to the Baja Peninsula in the fall)
- Trailer mounted for easy site-to-site transport
- Adaptive Refrigeration System
- ColdPICK Air Circulation System
|Length||24 feet (7.3 meters)|
|Width||9 feet (2.8 meters)|
|Height (off trailer)||12 feet (3.6 meters)|
|Chilling Capacity@32°F||1,000 lbs/hour (450 kgs/hour)|
|Load Capacity||1,200 lbs (544 kg)|
|Maximum Stack Height||56 inches (142 cm)|
|Air Temperature||29°F (-1.7°C) to 36°F (2.2°C)|
|No. of Fans||2|
|Voltage||460-480 VAC 60 Hz, 3 phase|
|Genset Power||60-80 kW|
|Evaporator||12TR, 27°F (-2.78°C)|